Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hawthorne- my kinsmen

I thought this short story by Hawthorne was pretty good. The story takes place in new England. Robin wants to make a name for himself but he is the second born son to a rich farmer. I'm
Assuming that robin left home because he wasn't going to inherit anything from family. Robin decides to leave home and find his uncle, major molineux, who is a British official. When robin arrives in a forign town he finds out that the town was about to cast off British rule. This whole story is focused Around robin finding his uncle before the town mob gets him first.

The very first paragraph, I thought was weired. It reminded me of a play because this paragraph set the scene. Also, I can see this as being a coming of age story for robin because he leaves home and takes care of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment