Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Federalist vs. Anti-Federalist (after class)

After our discussion in class the federalist and anti-federalist papers really made more sence.  All of my questions were answered and I found out some interesting information.  Also I learned a little background information about what was going on at this time.

From reading and disscussing these papers you can tell that the Anti-federalist put a lot more detail into their paper compared to the federalist.  The federalist papers were straight to the point and easier to read.  In my opinion the anti-federalist paper supported their claims a lot better.  I think the audience that each paper is trying to reach has a lot to do with why the federalist were straight to the point and the anti federalist explained everything. 
Also I just wanna point out, my favorite quote from this reading is "If men were angels, no government would be needed".  When I read this it just stood out.  Their is a lot of truth to this statement and it is a very powerful line in these papers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment